Thank you for your participation on ICSHPE 2018!
Preparation of ManuscriptsInternational Conference of Sport, Health and Physical Education 2018
Deadline for Full-text submission: November 30, 2018
Guidelines are based on Physical Activity Review and TRENDS in Sport Sciences, Journal of Outdoor Activities (website is under construction) requirements. For more information, please check websites of these journals.
A submission consists of three documents:
- Title Page (download template)
- Main Text (downlload template)
- Authorship Statement (Conflict of Interest, Copyright – these documents will be required, if your article is chosen for publication)
Papers are published only in English language.
Maximum number of pages is 15 (including Tables, Figures and References).
- Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx)
- Font – Times New Roman (11 pt)
- Margins – all 2 cm
- Line spacing – 1.0
- Interline – 1 cm
- Text alignment – justified
- Numbered pages
- Words division – turned off
- Standard division into paragraphs
Title page consists of:
- Article Title – Times New Roman (16 pt.), centered, only the first word of the title should be capitalized, no periods
- Author Names – Full names of authors and institutional affiliations, do not provide academic degrees (or positions, ranks)
- Full name and e-mail address of the corresponding author, affiliation address
- Acknowledgements, financial support etc.
Main text consists of:
- Article Title
- Abstract – structured (with bolded italic headings), no more than 300 words, max 6 keywords.
- Introduction – should be comprehensible to the general reader; give a clear statement of the purpose of the paper and provide relevant context to support the basis for the paper and the significance of the work; do not exhaustively review the literature.
- Material and Methods – should explain in detail all the applied investigation methods. The names of statistical methods and computer software used in the study should be given. Specifically describe the procedures and materials used, the recommended subsections, with brief content descriptions, are: Participants, Procedures, Statistical Analysis.
- Results – SI units should be used (if needed). Length, height, weight and volume measurements should be reported in metric units (meter, kilogram) or their decimal multiples. Temperatures should be expressed in degrees Celsius. Enclose maximum 3 tables, 3 figures and 3 photographs to illustrate your data. All tables, figures and photographs must be referred to in the text of the manuscript.
- Discussion – Please emphasize the new and important aspects of the research and conclusions derived from the study.
- Conclusion – Clear and only pertaining to the discussed research.
- References – see more information below and in main text template.
- Descriptive heading
- Numbered tables (Arabic numerals)
- Each table should be on a separate A4 sheet (Microsoft Word – .doc or .docx)
- All abbreviations should be explained under the table
- 300 DPI (TIF, JPG or XLS format)
- Numbered figures (Arabic numerals)
- Figures should be sent on separate A4 sheets as well as on separate files
- If a figure (image) has been published previously, the original source must be acknowledged and written permission to reproduce the material from the copyright holder must be submitted.
- Legends for the figures should be explained in full and appear on a separate page under the figure. All abbreviations should be explained as well.
- Figures accompanied by data which they were made (editor has right to create figures based on the enclosed data)
Abbreviations and symbols
Use only standard abbreviations and symbols. The expansion of an abbreviation should precede its first use in the text and also should be repeated in the legend under a figure or a table in which the abbreviation is used.
- The number of cited references should not exceed 30.
- References should be provided in Vancouver style – it uses numbers within the text that refer to numbered entries in the reference list.
- References shouldn’t be listed in alphabetical order. Must be numbered consecutively as they are cited, e.g. [1,2].
- The reference format should be consistent with ICMJE recommendations.
- Provide the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) if has been assigned.
- Abbreviation of the journal name should be used according to the list of journals indexed in Index Medicus.
Standard journal article
- Halpern SD, Ubel PA, Caplan AL. Solid-organ transplantation in HIV-infected patients. N Engl J Med. 2002 Jul 25;347(4):284-7.
- List the first six authors, followed by et al. If there are more than six authors, list the first six authors, followed by et al. (Note: NLM now lists all authors.):
- Rose ME, Huerbin MB, Melick J, Marion DW, Palmer AM, Schiding JK, et al. Regulation of interstitial excitatory amino acid concentrations after cortical contusion injury. Brain Res. 2002;935(1-2):40-6.
Article not in English
Ellingsen AE, Wilhelmsen I. Sykdomsangst blant medisin- og jusstudenter. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2002;122(8):785-7. Norwegian.
Murray PR, Rosenthal KS, Kobayashi GS, Pfaller MA. Medical microbiology. 4th ed. St. Louis: Mosby; 2002.
Chapter in a book
Meltzer PS, Kallioniemi A, Trent JM. Chromosome alterations in human solid tumors. In: Vogelstein B, Kinzler KW, editors. The genetic basis of human cancer. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2002. p. 93-113.
Harnden P, Joffe JK, Jones WG, editors. Germ cell tumours V. Proceedings of the 5th Germ Cell Tumour Conference; 2001 Sep 13-15; Leeds, UK. New York: Springer; 2002.
Borkowski MM. Infant sleep and feeding: a telephone survey of Hispanic Americans [dissertation]. Mount Pleasant (MI): Central Michigan University; 2002.
Manuscripts that do not comply with recommendations will be automatically rejected and authors will be informed about rejection.
These manuscripts will be given for a review process. Based on results of review process and an agreement of the author, selected manuscripts can be published in one of the aforementioned journals.
Authors are encouraged to submit original works in high quality which have not been published elsewhere, nor are under evaluation in other journals.
Contributors are invited to submit their manuscripts electronically via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Full-text submission: November 30, 2018.